Saturday, July 30, 2011

Better day, and my first time in a long time......

     Yes, today was indeed a better day than the previous. I didn't get much sleep, but I didn't feel as depressed as the previous day when I was still absorbing so much information. I tried using this evening to focus on the positives in my life, and developing a plan to get me to where I need to be. 

    Today was also the start of treatments because besides the Thalassemia I am losing iron from somewhere else so the Hematologist referred me to a Gastrointestinal doctor and set me up for 10 Infed treatments to start with. I am hoping that these treatments work because my hemoglobin keeps dropping. The blood panel from my GYN was 10, last week during my Hematologist visit it was 9.8, and today it was 9.1. I don't know, but that seems like a bad decline so I am crossing my fingers. My next appointment is next Friday, and I hope the energy in the Chemo room is the same or better than it was today. Seeing some of the men and women go through chemo is not an exciting thing to see, but the nurses there give the patients hope and try to make them laugh as much as possible. The funniest part was when the nurses were in the mixing room and the lights were flickering, and music playing. One nurse asked what was going on with the lights, and the other responded by saying we are in club chemo. LOL!!! That made all the patients laugh, and from that point more conversations  sparked. I was so tired I feel asleep a few times, and could barely physically laugh. Well, at least I thought it was from me feeling tired, but the nurse mentioned that the benadryl was kicking in. LOL!!! That explains why I couldn't keep my eyes open after trying so hard. The only problem that I had today was my blood pressure increased after treatment. When I came in it was 122/77, but after the treatment it increased to 158/83 so I was not released right away. Yikes!!!!!!  Well, I will be interested to see if these treatment help, and anxious to see the Gastro doctor next week to figure out where the blood-loss is occurring. 

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."~Dawna Markova

No comments:

Post a Comment